Findlay,OH 45840 USA

Animal Control

For issues or complaints regarding dogs running loose, please contact the Animal Control Department at 419-423-1664; Ext. 123, during normal business hours.

An Officer is on call during non-business hours for emergency situations.  If needing assistance after hours, please contact the Findlay Police Department; or the Hancock County Sheriff’s office.

All dogs over 3 months of age are required to be registerd in the county in which the dog is kept.  The period of registration is between December 1st and January 31st each year.  Registration filed after this time may result in a penalty fee.Ohio Revised Code 955.01

In addition to a certificate of registration, a metal tag will be issued for each dog.
Ohio Revised Code 955.08

No owner of a dog shall fail to require the dog to wear, at all times, a valid tag issued in connection with a certificate of registration.
Ohio Revised Code 955.10

Dog Licenses – Where to buy
Hancock County Auditor’s Office
Located inside the
Hancock County Courthouse

Licenses can be purchased online from the Hancock County Auditor by clicking the button below.
Purchase a License

Animal Control Office
Located at the
Humane Society & SPCA
of Hancock County
-3rd door on west side of building

Hancock County dog licenses purchased between December 1st and January 31st cost $20.00.
Licenses purchased after January 31st will incur a penalty of $20.00.

Licenses purchased at locations other than the Hancock County Auditor’s Office may be subject to a $0.75 processing fee.

Having your dog registered and their tag affixed to a collar  allows for their quick and easy return should he or she wander away from home. 

All dogs must be physically confined or restrained upon the premises of its owner, keeper, or harborer by a leash, tether, adequate fence, supervision, or secure enclosure to prevent escape.When off the premises of the owner, keeper, or harborer; dogs must be under reasonable control of some person.
Ohio Revised Code 955.22

Noise complaints regarding barking dogs are enforceable within the City of Findlay and the City of Fostoria under Ordinance 505.09

For areas outside these city limits, it is advised to check if any enforceable ordinance exists within the township.

The State of Ohio does not have any statutes regarding the licensing or confinement of cats.  Any cat found roaming at large is considered a stray animal and can be rehomed without having to wait any length of time for an owner to claim.”fon
Hancock County Animal Control is authorized to enforce all licensing and control laws regarding dogs. 

Animal Control is not licensed to handle wildlife.

Any wildlife complaints or concerns should be directed to the Department of Wildlife at 419-424-5000, or a private trapper for nuisance animals.
Click here for a list of licensed nuisance wildlife trappers.